We all need good eating habits. We all need a healthy life. It is in our interest to stay fit and healthy, which means being full of energy, we need to sleep well at night, have peace of mind and be disease free. All this will give a sense of well-being. So what is a healthy well-balanced diet?
There are two elements of a well-balanced diet; these are eating the correct amount of food for how active you are, and eating a range of foods.
In order to achieve all or some of the above, we have to practice healthy lifestyle with good food and exercise. To be sluggish is not being healthy. To be healthy we must be both mentally and physically fit.
Good eating habits by eating healthy food can keep you strong and healthy. As the main reason for disease and ill-health is bad food habits, try to avoid processed and refined food.
A simple change of diet can improve your health within a short period.The choice of foods in your diet ought to consist of a sufficient amount of fruit and vegetables, whole grain varieties of bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and other starchy foods.
Some meat, eggs, beans, fish and non dairy sources of protein also some milk and dairy foods. Also keep foods high in fats and sugars to a minimum.
Eating well plays an important part in continuing good health. Here are some tips covering some of the basic that can help make the difference with good eating habits.
• Have your breakfast as it gives you energy to face the day.
• Drink between 6-8 glasses of water a day.
• Do not eat more than 6 grams of salt a day if you are an adult. Use sea salt or cook without salt if you can.
• Eat at least two portions of fish a week including an oily fish such as sardines or mackerel.
• Have fruit and vegetables at least five portions a day.
• You need energy so include starchy foods.
• Cut down on sugar and saturated fat.
• Do not overwork the digestive system eat small meals regularly.
• Have a piece of fruit as a healthy snack between meals to control your energy level.
• Do not get too hungry that you overeat at mealtimes
• Eat slowly – enjoy your food.
• Try to eat one well balance meal with the family to promote good eating habits to the others.
• Avoid white bread, white rice, pastries, sodas and high processes foods.
• Drinking moderately has health benefits although this is not recommended to everyone.
• A daily multivitamin with vitamin D has health benefits.
Developing good eating habits mean you will meet your daily requirements of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. It also reduces the risk of obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and certain forms of cancer.
To improve and maintain good general health, healthy eating is vital to lowering health risks such as obesity, provide water and essential nutrients to the body. The healthy body gives energy when needed, and do not have excessive weight due to too much and inadequate consumption of food.